Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The getting ready

My passport still has not come and I'm leaving in a week. I talked to a very nice lady on Saturday after being on hold for a 1/2 hour with the passport helpline. I did yoga to pass the time. She told me my application is now "urgent" which doesn't really mean anything...it's like water quality standards--there is regulation but no enforcement.

Other issues are left untended to such as purchasing yen from the Bank of America, finalizing petsitting logistics, how I'm getting to the airport next Tuesday at 5:00 in the morning, buying lots of black socks to wear with shoes I never wear socks with (apparently the Japanese are anti-feet? [I don't really believe this and will be removing my socks at any and all opportunities]) where I'm staying/going in Japan after the 28th and other probably really important things.

I have to make a powerpoint now about my "career" in planning (which doesn't exist) or why I like Japan or something like that. Maybe it will be about Dia de Muertos...

Aside from these things (and the migraine which began during a presentation this morning) I AM SUPER FUCKING EXCITED and hope you will all join me on my journey as I experience the ultimate hallucinogenic experience of all time--

JAPAN.

No comments: